The Barnsley College Enrichment programme offers you the opportunity to extend your education and personal growth beyond your academic courses. We aim to provide a varied range of workshops and activities, giving you the opportunity to develop new interests, improve knowledge and boost self-confidence. All of this will enhance your time in college and give you great experiences for the future.
Enrichment workshops on offer take place throughout the week and cover a range of core themes:
- Equality and Diversity
- Health and Wellbeing
Enrichment activities generally take place on Wednesday afternoons, vary in length and are completely free. Learners can choose however many activities they would like to participate in from the wide range available. In addition to the list below there is also a comprehensive Sport Enrichment programme available to all learners:
- First Aid in the Workplace (Level 2)*
- Paediatric First Aid (Level 3)*
- Defibrillator (Level 2)*
- Guitar lessons
- Spanish lessons
- Theory Test revision
* some Enrichment activities offer the opportunity to gain a recognised qualification
Why should you take part?
- It will impress prospective employers and University Admissions with the proven ability to enhance personal and social development.
- You can achieve an additional qualification
- You can try something new, learn a new skill or develop an existing hobby
- You will meet new people, make new friends and build your confidence
- It give you a chance to take a break from your studies and try something completely different
For further information please contact the Enrichment Team
t: +44 (0)1226 216 840
or call in to room T220/C at the Sci Tech site.
Last updated: 8th February 2017