Financial Support and Assistance
Exam & Tuition Fees
You will not pay tuition or exam fees if*:
1. You are aged 16-18 (under 19 on 31 August whenn you enrol.)
2. You are over 19 on 31 August 2011 and you are in receipt of income-based benefits at the start of your course. Income based benefits include:
- Job Seekers allowance.
- Working Tax Credit (if household income is under £15,276).
- Income Support.
- Council Tax Benefit (not single occupier)
- Housing Benefit
- Pension Guarantee Credit.
- Unwaged dependants of the above and on Jobseekers Allowance.
3. You are looking to study your first full Level 2 qualification.
4. You are 19-25 years old and looking to study your first full Level 3 qualification.
*Some courses may still require you to pay a tuition or exam fee. Please contact:
t: 01226 216 114 or 01226 216 267
or call in to Room B164 at the Old Mill Lane site.
Learner Support Fund
This fund helps to support learners with the cost of studying, eg. books, equipment, kits and other learning costs. To be eligible learners must be enrolled and attending an LSC funded programme. All applications are means tested based on household income. Due to limited funding the College cannot guarantee to support every application it receives. Students are encouraged to apply as early as possible. For further information contact:
Professional & Career Development Loans
If you are looking to return to study, Professional & Career Development Loans could help you to pay for learning which enhances your job skills or career prospects. You are able to borrow an amount between £300 and £10,000 from participating banks.
Professional & Career Development Loans are bank loans so you do have to pay the loan back once you have completed your course. You do not pay interest on the loan for the period that you are in learning.
For further information and an application pack please contact:
The Skills Funding Agency
t: 0800 585 505