To celebrate National Apprenticeship Week 2022, Barnsley College will be offering resources and hosting online events for prospective students and regional employers.
Starting on Monday 7 February, the College will celebrate its apprentices, alumni, the employers it works with and how it will continue to support people and communities.
Throughout the week the College will be hosting a range of events including:
- The National Apprenticeship Week Big Bang launch.
- #AskAnEmployer with special guest GXO Logistics.
- Progression Tuesday – which will focus on future skills and social mobility, sustainable apprenticeships and environmental skills, flexi apprenticeships, newer STEM industries and opportunities such as Traineeships and T Levels.
- #AskAnApprentice with Association of Colleges Apprentice of the Year Award finalist, and current Level 3 Business Administration Apprentice, Alisha Shepherd.
- Thank You Thursday – where alumni takes the opportunity to thank the people who have helped them develop along the way.
- Celebration Friday – the College will share good news stories for both employer and apprentices that have happened in the last year.
- Employer Saturday – is full of case studies to show the wide range of roles and experiences that apprenticeships can offer.
- #SelfieSunday – is all about student profiles to show the wide range of roles and experiences that apprenticeships can offer.
Michael Duffey, Director of Apprenticeships at Barnsley College, said: “National Apprenticeship Week is the perfect time to not only provide outstanding information and guidance, but also to inspire the next generation of apprentices to be the very best versions of themselves, whilst at the same time celebrating the successes of those who are already on an apprenticeship and those who have completed and moved on to bigger and better things.
“Our goal is to continue working with local, regional, and national businesses to support the development of our apprentices, so they have the knowledge, skills and behaviours needed to progress in their chosen careers and ultimately contribute to the local and national economy.”
Barnsley College offers over 70 apprenticeship pathways at various levels in dozens of industries, including Accountancy, Engineering, Hair and Beauty, Management, Teaching and Warehousing and Logistics. To see the full apprenticeship course listings, visit: www.barnsley.ac.uk/apprenticeships
Barnsley College supports thousands of employers across Yorkshire and even more beyond, with a portfolio of training programmes and qualifications which is designed to support the entire workforce development strategy.
Our specialist Business Development Team can help an organisation of any size, in any sector, to assess where their training needs are and identify solutions.
To find out about workforce development and how Barnsley College can support your business to recruit new employees or to upskill existing staff, visit: www.barnsley.ac.uk/employers. Alternatively, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01226 216 166.
Last updated: 3rd February 2022
Originally posted on: 3rd February 2022