The following areas are covered:
- Study Skills: Covers all aspects of academic writing including essay writing, report writing, presentations and examination techniques
- Personal Development; careers in Childcare: Looks into a variety of career opportunities within the childcare sector and the skills required
- Practical Childcare Skills: You will identify different communication methods that can be used with children, adults and parents and look at the barriers to communication
- Curriculum Frameworks: You will be researching different curriculum frameworks, looking at theories of learning and planning and implementing learning activities
- Safeguarding: This unit covers and identifies the different types of abuse and the signs and symptoms. Including the impact of serious case reviews and how they shape children legislation
You will be expected to carry out a substantial amount of self-study in your own time. A mixture of study methods are employed on both programmes, e.g. lectures, group workshops and discussions to stimulate your interest and enhance your learning.