The following areas are covered:
- Study Skills: covers all aspects of academic writing including essay writing, report writing, presentations and examination techniques
- Career Development, reflective practice: covers a variety of areas including becoming a reflective practitioner, aggression, law, personality theories
- Psychology: you will explore the study of human behaviour in various ways such as human development, cognition, social interaction
- Sociology: Looks at the areas or crime and deviance, youth subcultures, socialisation and ideas that shaped the world
- Social Policy: this unit covers a broad range of topics including safeguarding, the welfare state and the roles and responsibilities of social workers. You will be expected to carry out a substantial amount of self-study in your own time. There is a mixture of study methods employed on both programmes e.g. lectures, group workshops and discussions to stimulate your interest and enhance your learning.