You will study the following areas:
- Assist with Feeding and Watering Animals: In this unit you will select, prepare and present food and water to a range of animals taking into account equipment needed, and weights and measurements for individual animal.
- Assist with the Preparation of Animal Accommodation: You will clean and maintain a range of animal accommodation at the Wigfield Centre. Identifying correct fixtures and fittings as well as equipment needed for the maintenance of animal housing.
- Assist with Maintaining Health and Wellbeing of Animals: This unit will allow you to assess and identify signs of good and ill health in animals. As well as administering preventative care and learning to deal with potential animal emergency situations.
- Assist with the Handling and Restraint of Animals: Within this unit you will assess and identify animal behaviour and body language. Identifying and using handling and restraint equipment safely and correctly demonstrating correct handling for health checking or grooming.
- Safe and Effective Working Practices in Land Based Studies: This unit will be focusing on Health and Safety within the Animal Care Sector ensuring a safe working environment for both people and animals.
- Animals in the wild and in society: In this unit you will be required to identify main features of animals in the wild including classification of a range of animals, identifying key characteristics and identifying relationships with people and animals.