Level 4 Qualifications – Certificate in Leadership and Management
• Recruitment and personal/professional development planning.
• Rota management and absence management.
• Establishing high quality patient care/customer service standards and managing patient records and databases.
• Managing the patient journey, patient records and databases.
• Understanding and knowledge of all roles within dental team – broad understanding of dental diseases.
• Understanding and executing of clinical audits.
• Understanding of dental terminology.
• The market within which the practice operates with regard to size, share and competitor profile.
• Effective strategies for attracting and retaining patients.
• How to represent the practice in the local community.
Legal and ethical requirements set out by external regulators with particular reference to:
• General Health and Safety (e.g. facilities, fire).
• Healthcare safety (e.g. infection control, waste, radiation, medical emergencies).
• Information governance (e.g. confidentiality, information security, data protection, access to records).
A Registered Manager’s responsibilities to:
• Establish internal standards (policies and procedures) for high quality care.
• Train the team to meet internal and external standards.
• Implement monitoring systems for continuous improvement, e.g. complaints handling, learning from feedback, incidents, complaints.
How to collect, use, interpret and report relevant financial data to:
• Establish budgetary and production targets.
• Manage claims and monitor compliance with claim requirements.
• Meet the expectations of organisational stakeholders.
• Service delivery and remuneration under the National Health Service – service delivery.
• Remuneration for private delivery of dental care – local / national changes in dental service delivery.