Level 4 Apprenticeship Standard Dental Practice Manager.
This is an apprenticeship, designed as entry level training for the role of Dental Practice Manager. The Practice Manager is responsible for managing all non-clinical aspects within a specified practice/s to achieve excellent patient care, quality, cost and delivery performance in line with practice strategy, goals and values. The Practice Manager leads the team by providing support and direction to enhance performance, skills and knowledge of all practice staff. Please see link below:
Click here for further information regarding the Standard Apprenticeship.
Level 4 Qualifications – Certificate in Leadership and Management
• Recruitment and personal/professional development planning.
• Rota management and absence management.
• Establishing high quality patient care/customer service standards and managing patient records and databases.
• Managing the patient journey, patient records and databases.
• Understanding and knowledge of all roles within dental team – broad understanding of dental diseases.
• Understanding and executing of clinical audits.
• Understanding of dental terminology.
• The market within which the practice operates with regard to size, share and competitor profile.
• Effective strategies for attracting and retaining patients.
• How to represent the practice in the local community.
Legal and ethical requirements set out by external regulators with particular reference to:
• General Health and Safety (e.g. facilities, fire).
• Healthcare safety (e.g. infection control, waste, radiation, medical emergencies).
• Information governance (e.g. confidentiality, information security, data protection, access to records).
A Registered Manager’s responsibilities to:
• Establish internal standards (policies and procedures) for high quality care.
• Train the team to meet internal and external standards.
• Implement monitoring systems for continuous improvement, e.g. complaints handling, learning from feedback, incidents, complaints.
How to collect, use, interpret and report relevant financial data to:
• Establish budgetary and production targets.
• Manage claims and monitor compliance with claim requirements.
• Meet the expectations of organisational stakeholders.
• Service delivery and remuneration under the National Health Service – service delivery.
• Remuneration for private delivery of dental care – local / national changes in dental service delivery.
You will need to satisfactorily complete a portfolio and the Level 4 qualification in order to progress through the gateway on to the end-point assessment. You will usually complete your work using an ePortfolio.
For the end point assessment you will need to complete a project, which will be independently assessed. It will include a scenario-based project, which links and tests your skills and knowledge in a holistic way. You will also need to complete an interview with an independent assessor face-to-face who will review your reflections from the portfolio of evidence journal and/or essay entries.
You will need access to a computer and the internet.
Old Mill Lane campus
This is an entry level role which provides the foundation knowledge, skills and experience for progression into a number of career paths including Practice Manager, Area Manager and Regional Manager, leading to Senior Management roles.
How much does the course cost?
There is no cost to being an apprentice. All costs associated with your apprenticeship, including the cost of training and your salary, will be paid by your employer.
You may be eligible for assistance with expenses such as travel, books, equipment and childcare. For further information please contact the Student Services Team on +44 (0)1226 216 114.
For further information please contact the team on +44 (0)1226 216 123 or email: email@example.com
Barnsley College has a range of sports opportunities for all students to take part in, gain professional training and compete nationally and internationally. We also have a state-of-the-art fitness village, Honeywell Sports Village where students can make use of our fitness suite, spinning studio and classes for competitive rates. You don’t have to be studying sport to get involved in the Sports Academy.
Our Additional Learning Support team can provide you with the support you need. Please contact them on +44 (0)1226 216 769.
Having good English and Maths qualifications are important for most careers and we want to give you the help you need to succeed.
If you are aged 16 – 19 and don’t already have a grade C/4 or above in GCSE English and Maths they will automatically be included in your study programme. If you want to work towards higher grades in English and Maths we can help you do that too.
Need a higher level Maths qualification? We offer a Level 3 Mathematical Studies (Core Maths).