The content of this qualification has been designed to give the learners the knowledge and skills required to work safely on Electric/Hybrid vehicles whilst carrying out routine maintenance and repair activities (not voltage components or systems). This may include vehicles that may have or had damage to their high energy/electrical system.
It contains one mandatory unit covering knowledge of:
• electric/hybrid vehicle system components and operation
• hazards surrounding electric/hybrid vehicles
• how to reduce the risks to yourself and others when working on electric/hybrid vehicles
• safely preparing the vehicle when carrying routine maintenance (NOT high voltage components or systems)
• working safely on an electric/hybrid vehicle (NOT high voltage components or systems)
As a result, learners successfully completing this qualification will acquire significant core knowledge and skills and the ability to work safely around and maintain Electric/Hybrid vehicles.