The course will cover the following areas:
- The role and practice of mentorship including the relationship between the mentor and the mentee and following good practice.
- Developing the specific skills and understanding needed to become a mentor
- The benefits of mentoring
- Legal and ethical mentoring requirements
- Reflection on your own learning and work performance
To be awarded the NCFE Level 2 Award in Mentoring, learners are required to successfully complete 3 mandatory units.
- Role of a mentor
- Preparing for the role of a mentor
- Demonstrating mentoring skills and techniques