On completion of the Level 3 Extended Diploma in Performing and Production Arts, you will gain the knowledge, skills and understanding to progress to degree level study or employment in the performing arts industry. The qualification attracts 72, 120 and 168 UCAS tariff points for Pass, Merit and Distinction grades respectively, which is equivalent to three A Levels.
Previous students have progressed to some of the most prestigious specialist training in the country at centres such as Urdang Academy, Italia Conti, Guildhall, Mountview, Arden, Northern School of Contemporary Dance, East 15, as well as to universities such as Manchester Metropolitan, Central Lancashire, Cumbria, Lincoln, Salford, Edge Hill, Sheffield Hallam, and the Foundation Degree in Acting for Touring Theatre at University Campus Barnsley (UCB).
You may want to progress to Higher Education courses with postgraduate study in a range of specialist areas such as teaching, directing, choreography, opera, events management, drama and dance therapy.
This course could form the successful foundations of a career in acting, musical theatre or dance. You could work as:
- An actor in a range of entertainment industries
- In touring/production theatre companies
- A performer in theatre, film, TV, video, radio or street entertainments theatre
- In education
- Within a musical theatre company as a ‘triple threat’ performer
- A director
- A teacher
- A choreographer
- Voice and/or movement coach
- In stage combat or drama therapy
- A backing singer
- A holiday or cruise ship entertainer
- A dance captain
- A dancer in a theatre company
- In a related entertainment industry such as pop videos, circus, burlesque, featured/backing dancer, Dance Repetiteur or movement therapist
- In Theatre Administration in roles such as administrator, producer, agent, casting director, or in related fields such as marketing, personal representation or events management