The programme consists of a combination of lectures, practical activities, oral presentations, tutorials, individual research and group work. Speakers from other relevant organisations will also visit classes. As part of the course you will be expected to undertake a range of outdoor activities, including visits to various public services, e.g. Army, RAF, Magistrates Court. You will also take part in expeditions which may involve overnight stays.
In addition to general class work, you will be expected to use a range of textbooks for research purposes, as well as the IT facilities in the Learning Resource Centre. You will also have the opportunity to obtain additional qualifications and take part in sport enrichment activities.
- Investigate Employment in the Uniformed Services
- Physical Fitness for the Uniformed Services
- Develop Team Working and Problem Solving Skills
- Health and Safety in the Uniformed Services
- Health and Hygiene in the Uniformed Services
- Follow Uniformed Service Routine
- Explore Equality and Diversity for the Uniformed Services
- Participate in Competitive Sports
You will also be given the opportunity to obtain Functional Skills qualifications in ICT, English and/or maths at an appropriate level.