The programme consists of a combination of lectures, practical activities, oral presentations, tutorials, individual research and group work. Speakers from other relevant organisations will also visit classes. As part of the course you will be expected to undertake a range of outdoor activities, including visits to various public services, e.g. Army, RAF and the Magistrates Court. You will also take part in expeditions which may involve overnight stays.
In addition to general class work, you will be expected to use a range of textbooks for research purposes, as well as the IT facilities in the Learning Resource Centre. You will also have the opportunity to obtain additional qualifications and take part in sport enrichment activities.
- Forensic Fire Investigation
- Applications of Forensic Psychology
- Government, Policies and the Public Services
- Citizenship, Diversity and the Public Services
- Leadership and Teamwork in the Public Services
- Aspects of the Legal System and Law Making Process
- Command and Control In the Uniformed Public Services
- Fitness Testing and Training for Uniformed Services Year Two*
- Traffic Accident Investigation
- Global Studies and International Terrorism in the Uniformed Services
- Criminal Investigation in Practice
- Security Procedures in the Public Services
- Responding to Emergency Service Incidents
- Current and Media Affairs in the Public Services
- Custodial Care
* Units are subject to change and all learners will have an active input into the Year 2 units which they will study.
You will also be given the opportunity to obtain Functional Skills qualifications in ICT, English and/or maths at an appropriate level.