The QCF allows you to build up credits which are made up of a number of units that have a stated aim. Each unit is made up from learning outcomes and each learning outcome is linked to a number of assessment criteria. Each of the assessments criteria must be completed successfully for a learner to achieve the unit. Each unit has a level and credit value.
The qualification will provide learners with secure understanding of knowledge and skills needed when working with children and young people in school environments. Suitable for teaching assistants, learning support assistants, cover supervisors, parent support advisors or those in similar roles at Level 3 in school environment.
Core Mandatory Units:
- Communication in and professional relationships with children, young people and adults, schools and organisations
- Supporting learning activities
- Promote children and young people’s positive behaviour
- Develop professional relationships with children, young people and adults
- Promote equality, diversity and inclusion in work with children and young people
- Support assessment for learning
- Engage in personal development in health, social care or children and young people’s settings
- Support children and young people’s health and safety
- Understand child and young person’s development
- Understand how to safeguard the wellbeing of children and young people
- You will choose from a variety of optional unit depending on your own role and responsibility in the workplace. These will build up the remaining credits to achieve the full Level 3 Diploma.