Level 2 Fitness Instructing, you will study:
The course will be delivered through both theoretical and practical workshops. A variety of flexible delivery strategies will be used to accommodate each individual’s learning style. You are also required to study at home.
- Anatomy and Physiology for Exercise (skeleton, joints, muscles, heart, blood vessels, respiratory system and nutrition for exercise)
- Health, Safety and Welfare in the Fitness Environment
- Principles of Exercise, Fitness and Health
- Know How to Support Clients Who Take Part in Exercise and Physical Activity
- Planning Gym- Based Exercise
- Instructing Gym- Based Exercise
Level 3 Personal Training, you will study:
Barnsley College offers this highly popular and comprehensive Personal Training course, which will enable you to gain 20 REP’s CPD points on completion. If you are a Gym Instructor wishing to pursue a career in the health and fitness sector as a Personal Trainer, then this course would be ideal for you. The qualification will also provide some initial guidance should you wish to become self-employed and look to run your own fitness training business. This course is suitable for any fitness professional looking to advance their knowledge and skills, update their Continuing Professional Development and increase their scope of practice with clients.
You will study the following units:
- Anatomy and Physiology for Exercise and Health
- Applying the Principles of Nutrition to a Physical Activity Programme
- Programming Personal Training with Clients
- Delivering Personal Training Sessions