This one year programme commences in September and is based at the Honeywell Sports Centre. The programme consists of a combination of lectures, practical activities, oral presentations, tutorials, individual research and group work.
In addition to general class work, you will be expected to use a range of textbooks for research purposes, as well as the IT facilities in the Learning Resource Centre. You will also be encouraged to take part in the College sports teams and recreation sporting activities within the structured College programme.
- Playing Sport
- Coaching Skills
- How Exercise Affects the Body
- Training for Fitness
- Keeping Active and Healthy
- Assisting in a Sports Event
- Being Organised
- Developing a Personal Progression Plan
- Physical Activities for Children
- Working with Others
- Researching a Topic
- You will also be given the opportunity to obtain Functional Skills qualifications in ICT, English and/or maths at an appropriate level.