The QCF allows you to build up credits which are made up of a number of units that have a stated aim. Each unit is made up from learning outcomes and each learning outcome is linked to a number of assessment criteria. Each of the assessments criteria must be completed successfully for you to achieve the unit. Each unit has a level and credit value.
The qualification will provide you with secure understanding of knowledge and skills needed when working with children and young people in school environments. Suitable for learners working in roles that support pupils learning including teaching assistants, learning support assistants and special needs assistants.
Core Mandatory Units:
- Communication and professional relationships with children, young people and adults
- Schools and organizations
- Supporting learning activities
- Promote children and young people’s positive behavior
- Develop professional relationships with children, young people and adults
- Promote Equality, Diversity and inclusion in work with children and young people
- Support Assessment for Learning
- Engage in personal development in health, social care or children and young people’s settings
- Support children and young people’s health and safety