This course is suitable for you if your job role or career aspirations are to teach in the “associate” role. It fulfills the qualification requirement for all new entrants aiming to achieve Associate Teacher Learning and Skills (ATLS) status.
To achieve the Certificate you must achieve a minimum of 36 credits from two unit groups and achieve a minimum of 21 credits at Level 4 or above. There is a requirement for a minimum of 30 hours of practice. The qualification is delivered as a blended learning course. Delivered classes, workshops, tutorial time with personal tutor, classroom observations and the use of Moodle support the delivery of the programme. It is your responsibility to obtain a mentor as well as the required teaching hours.
You will study the following units:
- Unit 1 (Level 3) Understanding roles, responsibilities and relationships in education and training (3 credits)
- Unit 2 (Level 4) Planning to meet the needs of learners in education and training (3 credits)
- Unit 3 (Level 4) Delivering education and training (6 credits)
- Unit 4 (Level 4) Assessing learners in education and training (6 credits)
- Unit 5 (Level 4) Using resources for education and training (3 credits)
You will also choose, with agreement of your teacher, an additional 15 credits from Group B (provided on enrolment to your course).