Higher and Degree Apprenticeships are work-based courses which include a qualification at Levels 4 to 7. Taking between one and four years to complete, they are a great way of gaining a university-level qualification, along with real work experience. You’ll get substantial on-the-job training, backed by the theory of academic study. Best of all you’ll leave your course debt-free as you will have earned a wage while you study and there are no tuition fees to pay!
Our Higher Apprenticeship courses
We currently offer Higher Apprenticeships in:
- Construction and the Built Environment Higher National Certificate (HNC)/Higher Level Apprenticeship (Level 4)
- Healthcare Assistant Practitioner Higher Apprenticeship (Level 5)
Benefits of studying a Higher or Degree Apprenticeship
- Gain high level qualifications and vital work experience.
- It’s an alternative route to university.
- Apprentices avoid student debt as there’s no tuition fees to pay. The employer or the government will pay the tuition fee.
- Apprentices receive a wage whilst completing their qualification.
- Increased potential to earn a higher salary.
Barnsley College offers over 80 apprenticeship pathways at Level 2 to 5 in a range of sectors including Art, Design and Fashion; Catering and Hospitality; Construction; Hair and Beauty; Sport and Travel and Tourism. To see our latest offer visit the Apprenticeship department webpage.
The College offers Higher Apprenticeships in the following industries:
• Association of Accounting Technicians (AAT)
• Business Administration
• Health and Social Care
• Social Media and Digital Marketing
• Warehousing and Logistics
To find out more information and to apply, visit the Apprenticeship department webpage.
Barnsley College wants to help you to identify and develop the best people, at the right level, with the right experience for your business.
With a range of apprenticeship and professional training solutions that can be tailored to your exact requirements, along with a flexible approach to the delivery, the College will support your business to be productive and profitable.
Visit the Services for Business section on the Barnsley College website for more information.
Interested and want more information?
If you’d like to find out more about becoming an apprentice, please contact the Information Unit by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: 01226 216 123.
If you would like to find out how we can support your business to recruit and train an apprentice, contact the Business Development team by email: email@example.com or phone: 01226 216 166.
Last updated: 31st October 2019