Higher and Degree Apprenticeships are work-based courses which include a qualification at Levels 4 to 7. Taking between one and four years to complete, they are a great way of gaining a university-level qualification, along with real work experience. You’ll get substantial on-the-job training, backed by the theory of academic study. Best of all you’ll leave your course debt-free as you will have earned a wage while you study and there are no tuition fees to pay!
Benefits of studying a Higher or Degree Apprenticeship
• Gain high level qualifications and vital work experience.
• It’s an alternative route to university.
• Apprentices avoid student debt as there’s no tuition fees to pay. The employer or the government will pay the tuition fee.
• Apprentices receive a wage whilst completing their qualification.
• Increased potential to earn a higher salary. Higher apprentices could earn £150,000 more on average over their lifetime compared to those with Level 3 vocational qualifications.*
We offer over 100 apprenticeship pathways at Level 2 to 5 in a range of sectors including Art, Design and Fashion; Catering and Hospitality; Construction; Hair and Beauty; Sport and Travel and Tourism; and Warehouisng and Logistics. To see our latest offer visit www.barnsley.ac.uk/apprenticeships
We offer Higher Apprenticeships in the following industries:
• Association of Accounting Technicians (AAT)
To find out more information and to apply, visit the Apprenticeship department webpage.
We want to help you to identify and develop the best people, at the right level, with the right experience for your business.
With a range of apprenticeship and professional training solutions that can be tailored to your exact requirements, along with a flexible approach to the delivery, we will support your business to be productive and profitable.
Visit the Services for Business section for more information.
Interested and want more information?
If you’d like to find out more about becoming an apprentice, please contact the Information Unit by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: 01226 216 123.
If you would like to find out how we can support your business to recruit and train an apprentice, contact the Business Development team by email: email@example.com or phone: 01226 216 166.
*https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/key-facts-about-apprenticeships/key-facts-about-apprenticeships (February 2017)
Last updated: 12th August 2019