“Students are at the heart of everything we do and our outstanding staff are here to support and inspire you on your learner journey.”
Our purpose is to ensure that you have a great time, achieve your aims and progress on to work or further study.
In order to achieve this, you will be expected to:
- Attend sessions on your timetable (this will be a minimum of 16 hours per week).
- Be punctual and arrive on time for classes.
- Behave responsibly and respect yourself, your surroundings and each other.
Your Foundation Learning study programme will be made up of:
- Tutorials – Time each week with an assigned mentor who will lead sessions and group discussions about topics of interest to you and pass on useful information.
- Employability qualification – This will help you develop the skills needed to prepare for the world of work such as CV writing, job applications and interview techniques.
- Maths and English – Functional Skills or GCSEs at the right level for you.
- Work-related activity – You will have the opportunity to complete work-related activities such as: a work experience placement, volunteering, getting involved in a community project, enterprise or visiting a company’s premises.
A member of staff called a Personal Tutor will work with you to ensure that you get the best out of your time at College. They will be there to listen to you, offer any extra help, advice and guidance and support you to succeed.
Once you have completed your Foundation Learning study programme, staff will help you prepare for your next step whether that be:
- Further study in College
- An apprenticeship
Last updated: 18th May 2021