Sector Based Work Academies are a recruitment tool used by organisations looking to recruit members of staff with a specific set of skills. At Barnsley College, we offer a tailored Sector Based Work Academy programme to ensure you recruit the right staff for your business.
Sector Based Work Academies include three elements:
- A programme of training that provides individuals with the skills you are looking for. This is designed in partnership with you and can include your company’s induction process as well as accredited training such as Customer Service and Health and Safety.
- A work placement experience which can vary in duration from one hour to one week, dependent on the employer’s needs. This enables you to see how individuals perform on the job. It also gives individuals an experience of the type of work they would be expected to perform, improving your staff retention.
- A guaranteed job interview for all individuals who complete the programme, ensuring all participants leave having gained interview experience and an opportunity to compete for the role(s) available.
We understand that, when you recruit for a role, you want individuals to be clear that they are competing for a position with your company. This is why all of our Sector Based Work Academies are branded with your logos, free of charge.
Recruiting new employees through a Sector Based Work Academy brings many benefits to your business, including:
- You have staff who are trained with the right skills to fit the need of your business
- Improved staff retention
- We advertise your job vacancies, free of charge
- We conduct pre-employment assessments
- Provide continued support and further training to you and your employees once they have started employment with you
- Saves your business time money and resources
If you would like more information about how we can create your bespoke recruitment and training package, contact the Workforce Development Team on 01226 216 888 or email email@example.com.
Last updated: 13th August 2018