Duration (norm): 24 months
Max Funding Value: £15,000
Delivery Model: The apprentice will visit the training center once every six weeks (day release). In addition, the trainer will visit the employer site for reviews throughout the duration of the course.
English and Mathematics: Level 2/C for both must be achieved prior to End Point Assessment (this content will be blended into the apprentice's study programme if it is required).
- Understands the full range of data protection and legal issues.
- Understands the data life cycle.
- Understands the different types of data, including open and public data, administrative data, and research data.
- Knows the differences between structured and unstructured data
- Understands the fundamentals of data structures, database system design, implementation and maintenance.
- Acknowledges the importance of the domain context for data analytics.
- Understands the quality issues that can arise with data and how to avoid and/or resolve these.
- Knows the importance of clearly defining customer requirements for data analysis
- Understands the processes and tools used for data integration.
- Understands the steps involved in carrying out routine data analysis tasks.
- Knows how to use and apply industry standard tools and methods for data analysis.
The apprentice will be able to undertake the following in line with organisational procedures and under supervision.
- Identify, collect and migrate data to/from a range of internal and external systems
manipulate and link different data sets as required.
- Interpret and apply the organisations data and information security standards, policies and procedures to data management activities.
- Collect and compile data from different sources.
- Perform database queries across multiple tables to extract data for analysis.
- Perform routine statistical analyses and ad-hoc queries.
- Use a range of analytical techniques such as data mining, time series forecasting and modelling techniques to identify and predict trends and patterns in data.
- Assist production of performance dashboards and reports.
- Assist with data quality checking and cleansing.
- Apply the tools and techniques for data analysis, data visualisation and presentation.
- Assist with the production of a range of ad-hoc and standard data analysis reports.
- Summarise and present the results of data analysis to a range of stakeholders whilst also making recommendations.
- Work with the organisation’s data architecture.
- Demonstrates logical and creative thinking.
- Demonstrates ability to analyse and solve problems.
- Works independently and autonomously.
- Uses own initiative.
- Demonstrates a thorough and organised approach.
- Works with a range of internal and external people.
- Communicates effectively in a variety of situations.
- Maintains a productive, professional and secure working environment.
- Level 4 British Computer Society (BCS) Certificate in Data Analysis Tools.
This qualification will be blended into the apprentice’s study programme and must be achieved in order to complete the apprenticeship.
- Assessment of a portfolio of evidence.
- Presentation of a project.
- An employer reference
- A structured interview with an assessor.
To find out more please contact us