If you are a talented athlete with the passion to develop your skills, then Barnsley College Sports Academy could be your ideal destination.
The state-of-the-art sports facilities at Honeywell Sports Village include a 3G pitch, a multi-use games area, indoor sports arenas, two gyms and a fitness studio.
Sports Performance Academies include Football (Male and Female), Rugby, Netball, Basketball, Refereeing and an Individual Athlete Academy.
Our Sports Academy has an excellent sporting reputation:
- Our female footballers have won the Association of Colleges (AoC) Yorkshire and Humber League, the AoC National Cup and the Komm Mit International Copa Maresme Football Tournament in 2016/17.
- Our male footballers won the Category 1 English Colleges FA North East League and the Komm Mit International Copa Maresme Football Tournament 2016/17.
- The Academy Basketball team reached the top half of the AoC Basketball Yorkshire and Humberside men’s league despite being together for only one season.
We have supported a range of individual athletes to compete in the very highest level sporting competitions including:
- Katy Owen who is aiming to represent England as part of the national Karate Federation team.
- Megan Tinker who has recently represented Great Britain at the European Field Championships.
- Tom Speed who is setting his sights on representing the Great British Swimming team. He has been crowned with two Golds, one Silver and one Bronze medal in a regional swimming festival.
You don’t have to be studying sport to be a part of our Sports Academy – all students are welcome.
View our Netball Academy Booklet here.
View our Football Academy Booklet here.
The Elite Sports Performer Bursary
The Barnsley College Sports Academy is committed to supporting elite athletes, combining sporting and academic excellence, and has a number of Sports Bursaries to award to our elite athletes who meet specific criteria.
You don’t have to be studying sport to apply for an Elite Sports Performer Bursary – all students are welcome.
If you want to be part of our outstanding Sports Academy, contact the team for more information:
Last updated: 11th February 2019