If you are a talented sports performer with the passion to develop your skills then Barnsley College Sports Academy could be your ideal destination. Our sports facilities include a 3G pitch, a multi-use games area, indoor sports arenas, two gyms and a fitness studio.
Our sports Performance Academies include Football (Male and Female), Rugby, Netball, Basketball, Refereeing, Cricket and Individual Athlete Academy.
Our Sports Academy has an excellent sporting reputation:
- We were British Colleges Sports Regional College of the Year in 2013 and runner-up in the National College of the Year category.
- Our students have been selected for the National Colleges Football Squad and represented their country.
- Our Rugby Development Centre players have been crowned North East Champions.
- Our under-19 Female Football Academy team won the Association of Colleges (AoC) Yorkshire and Humber League in 2015 for the second successive year
- Our Male and Female Football Academy teams won the 2015 Komm Mit International Whitsuntide Tournament.
- We have supported a range of individual athletes to compete in the very highest level sporting competitions, including the World and European Junior number one in Pole Vaulting.
You don’t have to be studying sport to be a part of our Sports Academy – all students are welcome.
The Elite Sports Performer Bursary
The Barnsley College Sports Academy is committed to supporting elite athletes, combining sporting and academic excellence, and has a number of Sports Bursaries to award to our elite athletes who meet specific criteria.
You don’t have to be studying sport to apply for an Elite Sports Performer Bursary – all students are welcome.
If you want to be part of our outstanding Sports Academy, contact the team for more information:
Tel: +44 (0)1226 216 347 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Last updated: 3rd November 2017