If you are a talented athlete with the passion to develop your skills, then Barnsley College Sports Academy could be your ideal destination.
The state-of-the-art sports facilities at Honeywell Sports Village include a 3G pitch, a multi-use games area, indoor sports arenas, two gyms and a fitness studio.
Sports Performance Academies include Football (Male and Female), Rugby, Netball, Basketball, Refereeing and an Individual Athlete Academy.
Our Sports Academy has an excellent sporting reputation:
- Our female footballers have won the Association of Colleges (AoC) Yorkshire and Humber League, the AoC National Cup and the Komm Mit International Copa Maresme Football Tournament in 2016/17.
- Our male footballers won the Category 1 English Colleges FA North East League and the Komm Mit International Copa Maresme Football Tournament 2016/17.
- The Academy Basketball team reached the top half of the AoC Basketball Yorkshire and Humberside men’s league despite being together for only one season.
We have supported a range of individual athletes to compete in the very highest level sporting competitions including:
- Katy Owen who is aiming to represent England as part of the national Karate Federation team.
- Megan Tinker who has recently represented Great Britain at the European Field Championships.
- Tom Speed who is setting his sights on representing the Great British Swimming team. He has been crowned with two Golds, one Silver and one Bronze medal in a regional swimming festival.
You don’t have to be studying sport to be a part of our Sports Academy – all students are welcome.
The Elite Sports Performer Bursary
The Barnsley College Sports Academy is committed to supporting elite athletes, combining sporting and academic excellence, and has a number of Sports Bursaries to award to our elite athletes who meet specific criteria.
You don’t have to be studying sport to apply for an Elite Sports Performer Bursary – all students are welcome.
If you want to be part of our outstanding Sports Academy, contact the team for more information:
Last updated: 22nd March 2018