Financial Support

Out of office emergency contacts –


Barnsley Foodbank – Call 01226 774444 or go on the  Barnsley Council Website and click on ‘COVID-19’


Citizens Advice – 03444 111 444 Monday to Thursday 10am-4pm Or visit their website:

*This service is currently not operating physical appointments


Barnsley Council Civic Homeless advice – (01226) 773870 Or email

*Due to service changes because of COVID-19, The Civic is still open but not operating physical appointments. Phones are set up in the Civic to maintain a service.


You may be eligible for cashless food credits of up to £12 per week

If you are aged between 16 and 18 and have a household income of less than £20,000 you may be entitled to free meals at College.

You may also be eligible for additional financial support and assistance. Have a look at the chart below to find out if you can apply for the Learner Support Fund or a 24+ Bursary. Further information can be found on the Learner Support Fund page.

Chart to show finacial support eligability

** Equipment costs must be added on to loan

To apply, please complete a Learner support fund application form and submit evidence of your current household income. Application forms are available from Student Services:

Tel: (0) 1226 216 267
Email :
or call in to see our Student Services advisors at the Old Mill Lane campus.

Professional and Career Development Loans

We are a Professional and Career Development Loans registered Learning Provider, registration number 1145. A Professional and Career Development Loan is a commercial bank loan that you can use to help pay for work-related learning. For further information on financial assistance to support your learning, please visit the GOV.UK website or contact the National Careers Service on 0800 100 900.

Last updated: 30th March 2020