Our Vision, Purpose and Values
Our students are at the heart of everything we do. Our outstanding, passionate staff are always striving for excellence and this positive culture has a real impact on the aspirations of our students.
We encourage all our staff and students to dream big and we are proud to say that studying at Barnsley College helps to inspire our students and transform their lives. Our vision, purpose, values and strategic priorities help to steer the college and ensure that our focus is on helping our students to achieve the very best.
- Transforming Lives
To ensure that all our students:
- Have a great time
- Achieve their aims
- and progress onto work or higher education
- Aspirational – courage to shape a better future.
- Supportive – encouraging, compassionate and understanding.
- Caring – hearts and minds.
- Respectful – inclusive.
- Genuine – be clear, be real.
Our work with subcontractors underpins our Vision, Purpose, and Values. The College seeks to work with a range of providers who support the following rationale:
The College engages with sub-contractors in order to:
- Enhance the opportunities available to young people and adults.
- Fill gaps in niche or expert provision or provide better access to training facilities.
- Support better geographical access for learners.
- Offer an entry point for disadvantaged groups.
- Provide consideration for the impact on individuals who share protected characteristics.
Provision that meets one or more of the following criteria will be prioritised:
- Where the provision is in a vocational area that the college does not offer.
- Where the provision is aimed at engaging hard to reach or NEET learners.
- Where the provision meets the needs of residents and employers of Barnsley and immediate regional adjacencies.
- As a result of a collaborative bid where Barnsley College has been named as the lead provider.
- Establishing Strategic Partnerships enabling growth opportunities.
Last updated: 19th May 2023