facebook noscript

Complaints Procedure

Helping us to get it right

At Barnsley College we are committed to achieving excellence in standards and in the quality of service we provide for all our users, only you can tell us if we are achieving this.

If you are unhappy with the service you have received, or it did not meet your expectations we need to know so that we can put things right.

Please download our Barnsley College Complaints Policy and Procedure March 2023 –  August 2024 for full details of how we deal with your complaints.

If you have a problem

Please contact the College and tell us about it. It is best to talk to the person who provided the service you were unhappy with in the first instance. Usually your problem will be resolved immediately, however, if you are not satisfied you can make an official complaint.

How to make a complaint

You can make an official complaint either by completing our online Complaints form or by contacting the Director of Assurance and Improvement directly at:

Barnsley College
PO Box 266
Church Street
S70 2YW

Tel: 01226 216 565

What we will do to help

We will do everything that we can to resolve your complaint and to make sure that the problem doesn’t happen again. We aim to deal with your complaint within 10 working days but some complaints, especially if they are complex, may take longer. If this is the case we will let you know and keep you informed of the progress.

If you are not satisfied with the result of the complaint

If you are not happy with the response to your complaint

If you’re not happy with the response to your complaint from the Director of Assurance and Improvement, you can ask for your complaint to be referred to the Principal. If you are still not happy, finally you can ask the Chair of Governors to review your complaint.

If you are still not happy, you can refer your complaint externally to the Education Funding Agency (EFA) or the Skills Funding Agency (SFA). Higher Education students can contact the Office for the Independent Adjudicator (https://www.oiahe.org.uk/) once they have received a Completion of Procedures letter from the College.

Last updated: 12th December 2023

Skip to content