What are cashless payments?
So that you don’t have to carry lots of cash around while you are in College, you have the facility to add money onto your student ID card that you can use in all our food outlets. There are machines at all the till points that allow you to make contactless payments using your student card.
How do I add money to my card?
There are three kiosks available for you to use to add money onto to your card.
- In the student and staff entrance of Old Mill Lane campus.
- In Barnsley Sixth Form College atrium.
- In Honeywell Sports campus refectory.
What else can I use the kiosks for?
You can use the kiosks to:
- Top-up your card using cash or a credit/debit card. Simply choose ‘Top-up’ and follow the instructions.
- Reset your College log-in if you need to.
- Request a new card. If you’ve lost your card, you can use the kiosk to search for your name or ID number. Once you’ve found this, click continue and the kiosk will use facial recognition to identify you. There is a £1 charge for a replacement card. If you are issued with a new card, your old card will be disabled and you will only be able to use the newly printed one.
Last updated: 6th February 2023