Use the resources and links below to boost your core academic skills:
Exams are just around the corner and we know it can be hard to know where to start when it comes to revision. There are a multitude of resources available on this topic but the Library have done our research and compiled the booklet and exercises below:
- Revision guide booklet
- Revision Tips Flyer
- Revision Powerpoint Presentation
- Memory exercise – location
- Memory exercise – story
Hull University have some great tips on improving your memory: Hull Revision Tips
Need more help?
- Study Skills pages.
- Revision Top Tips | Barnsley College
- How to revise: the ultimate guide for GCSEs and A Levels — Love Learning Tutors | Top London tutors for GCSE & A Level
Researching and Referencing
Using a variety of academic resources will greatly improve your knowledge and credibility in an assignment, but how to find the most reliable and accurate information? The Library has a vast array of FREE resources available for you to use 24/7. Use the links, guides and resources below to start researching like a true professional.
- Researching Guide book
- Course Database lists
- Evaluating sources – CRAAP checklist
- Research and Referencing Practice
More detailed information on referencing and academic writing is available on the Study Skills pages.
Last updated: 21st November 2023