The Free College Coach Services will run from W/C 8th March 2021.
The Free College Coach Services are running with a booking service, all students must have a place booked onto the serivce before using.
To book a place on the Free College Coach please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Free Coach Services
2021/2022 Academic Year: The Free Coach timetable will be updated later this academic year for prospective Students. Students will need to book a place on the Free Coach Services and can only register their interest in the Free Coach Service once they have been fully enrolled to College.
Please check back on our website or via our social media page for updates and information about booking a place on the Free Coach.
We realise that getting to and from College may not be very easy for students which is why we have funded the following return coach routes for you:
South Elmsall > Barnsley College (Old Mill Lane campus) (via Hemsworth, Kinsley, Fitzwilliam, Crofton and Ryhill)
Shelley > Barnsley College (Old Mill Lane campus)
Stocksbridge via Penistone > Barnsley College (Old Mill Lane campus)
Old Mill Lane campus > Wigfield Farm (Animal Care/Horticulture)
Kimberworth – Thorpe Hesley – Ecclesfield – Chapeltown – High Green > Barnsley College (Old Mill Lane campus)
The coach routes are FREE for you if you are a student at Barnsley College, Barnsley College Higher Education or Barnsley Sixth Form College. Barnsley College will be operating a booking system service when students enrol for September 2020. You will need to have a confirmed place to be able to use the coach service as places are limited. Please contact Student Services for more information on this service or to register your interest.
*Please be aware this service is a booking service only. Please email Studentsupport@barnsley.ac.uk for further information.
Each route will operate in the morning in order to get you into College before lessons start and a return service will operate from Old Mill Lane campus at the end of the day.
Please be aware that we have suspended the Rawmarsh travel route. We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause. Thank you.
- This pass is available to ALL 16-18 year olds in South Yorkshire and is also valid through summer months.
- You can travel anytime, anywhere in South Yorkshire for just 80p per journey on the bus or tram and for half fare on Northern trains.
- A 16-18 PhotoCard costs £5 and is for West Yorkshire residents age 16 to 18. It is valid from your 16th birthday until the day before your 19th birthday.
- You can get half-fare bus and train travel in West Yorkshire at any time of the day, including evenings and weekends (except late night services and special event services.)
- This is a smartcard available to all young people ages 18-22 regardless of where you live and is valid to the day before your 23rd birthday to travel in South Yorkshire.
- You can get 15% off adult TravelMaster tickets.
- This smart card gives you unlimited travel across West Yorkshire on any bus or train with huge savings on weekly, monthly or termly tickets.
- Mature Students can apply for this at a Travel Centre and will need an official document to prove you are in full time education (16 hours or more per week.)
Need help with travel planning?
If you need help with planning your journey to College have a look at the Travel South Yorkshire website. They have a range of online tools to help you find out the times and routes of public transport.
If you need any other information about getting to and from College, please contact Student Services on email@example.com.
Last updated: 5th March 2021