We have a Business Development team dedicated to supporting employers to recruit new staff and develop the skills of their existing employees.
Why choose Barnsley College as your training provider?
- We can provide businesses with a range of apprenticeships and professional training programmes.
- Our Business Development team will help you identify and fulfil your recruitment and training needs.
- We currently train approximately 1,800 apprentices.
- We work with over 1,500 employers of all sizes.
- Our apprenticeship success rates have historically been above the national average.
- We are rated Outstanding by Ofsted.
- We are ranked in the top five colleges in the country in the NICDEX league table, based on the following criteria:
- Student Satisfaction
- Employer Satisfaction
- 16-18 Progression
- Adult Progression
- We offer multiple apprenticeship programmes at Intermediate, Advanced and Higher levels to meet the needs of your business.
- We have invested significantly in all our campuses to ensure students and apprentices learn in environments that contain industry standard equipment.
Our Service to Employers
As part of this service, we will:
- Provide you with a Key Account Manager who will work with you.
- Offer a complete training solution for all business requirements.
- Work in partnership with you to deliver high quality training and on-going support.
- Provide a flexible approach – on-site, workshops, seminars and day release.
- Advertise your job vacancies free of charge.
- Recruit and select suitable candidates.
Talent United: Bridging the gap between employment and education
Talent United is Barnsley College’s employer engagement initiative, which aims to bridge the gap between education and employment. By building lasting relationships with businesses, we can provide students with meaningful employer engagements and create a culture of employment across the college. Together, we can enrich the future labour market by creating a generation of ‘work ready’ learners that are aware of the careers available to them and have the employability skills to progress into employment or further study. Find out more about Talent United
Last updated: 26th March 2021