The Barnsley College Enrichment programme offers you the opportunity to extend your education and personal growth beyond your academic courses. We aim to provide a varied range of workshops and activities, giving you the opportunity to develop new interests, improve knowledge and boost self-confidence. All of this will enhance your time in College and give you great experiences for the future.
Various Enrichment Workshops take place throughout the academic year, covering a wide range of core themes, such as:
• Disability Awareness
• Road Safety
• Mental Health
• Sex and Relationships
• Drugs and Alcohol
• Gambling Awareness
• Self-Harm and Eating Disorders
Through the enrichment programme we can also provide the provision of First Aid, Driving Theory, British Sign Language and Music Lessons throughout the academic year.
Why should you take part?
• It will impress prospective employers and University Admissions with the proven ability to enhance personal and social development.
• You can achieve an additional qualification
• You can try something new, learn a new skill or develop an existing hobby
• You will meet new people, make new friends and build your confidence
• It gives you a chance to take a break from your studies and try something completely different
• You will gain a better understanding and knowledge of relevant issues and events beyond the core teaching of your course.
For further information please contact Jimmy Parkin in Enterprise
Tel: 01226 216 854
Call into room T221 at the Sci Tech site.
Last updated: 17th January 2019