The Improving Access to Psychological Therapies (IAPT) programme is a national initiative that aims to increase the availability of NICE recommended psychological treatments for depression and anxiety.
IAPT should be planned and not offered in an acute crisis.
It is not focussed on all mental health conditions but specifically on mild to moderate ‘common’ mental health conditions which include:
• Generalised anxiety disorder (GAD),
• Post Traumatic Stress Disorder,
• Specific Phobias,
• Obsessive Compulsive Disorder,
• Body Dysmorphic Disorder (with mild functional impairment),
• Panic disorder (with or without agoraphobia),
• Social Anxiety
• Health Anxiety
For more information please visit Barnsley IAPT.
Last updated: 1st March 2021