Looking for university-level training options to upskill your workforce?
Effective and continuous training is a proven way to motivate and retain your talent, and providing progression opportunities enables your employees to realise higher earning potential, minimises skills gaps and supports succession planning. This applies to your entire workforce, including experienced employees and your management team.
We offer university-level courses including degrees, HNC/Ds and higher level apprenticeships in a broad range of subjects including (but not limited to) Business, Construction and Childcare and Education Professions. All of our courses are validated by leading universities including Sheffield Hallam University, Leeds Trinity University and The University of Hull. That means each of our students graduate with the same qualification as a peer who has studied at university.
Why choose to study Higher Education with Barnsley College?
- Our tutors have industry experience: that gives them an understanding about how your business and your industry works, and the skills that you are looking for in your employees.
- Our offer is diverse and skills-focused: we can help you to find a course that delivers the specific skills you need to develop an individual employee whilst also addressing skills gaps in the wider business.
- Our student outcomes are outstanding: Aside from being good value for money, the College also has an excellent reputation for high academic standards and achievements. In 2019/20, 90% of students completed their course and 82% of Higher Education students on Bachelor’s programmes were awarded a First-Class Degree.
- Our fees are lower: for each employee you choose to invest in you’ll save around £3,000 on the cost of university whilst gaining the exact same qualifications and skills. In addition, we will work with you to take advantage of any funding options available to minimise the financial cost to your business.
- Our delivery is flexible: our flexible approach to delivery can blend on-the-job or workplace training with classroom study to work around your shift patterns and support your business in being productive and profitable.
- Our holistic approach: we want to help you to identify and develop the best people, at the right level, with the right experience for your business. We can work with you to create a long-term strategic training and development plan that considers your entire business.
- We are local: our campuses and world-class facilities are in central Barnsley and boast excellent transport links.
- Our class sizes are small: our tutors can give students more contact time and one-to-one support than they would be likely to receive at university, giving them a better chance of realising their full potential.
- Your employees will be joining the best South Yorkshire College for student satisfaction. In the 2019/20 NSS Satisfaction Survey, we scored 88% overall student satisfaction rate.
Contact our Business Development team at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your requirements. For information about our courses visit www.barnsley.ac.uk/higher-education
Last updated: 28th April 2021