When and where do I go to enrol?
If you are a school leaver, you will be sent an enrolment letter. It will tell you the name of the campus you need to go to. If you are not familiar with all our sites you can view our campuses page. If you are unable to attend at the time on your letter, don’t worry you can come along to another enrolment session, but you may have to wait longer.
What should I bring with me?
• Your personalised enrolment form (16-18 year olds only).
• Your official exam results and any relevant certificates you have.
• A pen.
• Details of two emergency contacts, i.e. parent/carer and their telephone number and email address.
• Any other documents listed in your letter.
What happens at enrolment?
Enrolment is in three easy steps:
Step 1 – See a tutor and discuss your course, check your qualification results and enrolment paperwork. The tutor will tell you when your course starts and give you a timetable.
Step 2 – Go to the enrolment workstation where your details will be updated on the College computer system.
Step 3 – Have your photograph taken and get your student ID card and induction lanyard.
What do I do if I am paying for my course?
You will need to bring:
• Proof of any benefits you receive e.g. award notice or official letter and National Insurance Number.
• Proof of earnings, such as your most recent pay slip.
• A letter or payment from your employer or sponsor if they are paying for your course.
For further information visit the paying for your course page.
Why do I need a student card?
Barnsley College is committed to keeping you safe throughout your time with us. You will be issued with a student card which will give you access to the buildings and must be worn at all times. Everyone who comes in and out of the building has an ID card so we always know who is on College premises.
You will need your card for printing and photocopying too.
At enrolment you will also be given a festival style pass to clip on your lanyard. This contains important information about your first few weeks at College, so keep it safe!
How do I get to College when I start?
The College runs free return coach services from certain areas. For further information visit the student travel page.
Need to know more?
The website contains all you need to know about Student Life:
- Students’ Union
- UCAS and careers
- Learner Forums
- Transport – Free coach service
- Additional Learning Support
- Wellbeing Centre
- Term Dates 2018/19
- Equality and Diversity
- Learning Curves
- Sports Academy
Last updated: 31st August 2021