The course will be delivered over 12 hours per week. You will have the opportunity to explore health and social care and develop your knowledge to successfully progress to study at Level 3 or apply for employment in health and social care at a trainee level.
You will complete 7 units throughout the year in College and you will also be expected to participate in a minimum of 120 hours work experience, which will be organised by the department.
There is a mixture of study methods employed on the programme, these being practical exercises, group workshops, discussions, assignments and presentations to stimulate your interest and enhance your learning. The course has 7 units which you must achieve in order to be accredited with the NCFE CACHE Level 2 Extended Diploma in Health and Social Care.
- Equality, diversity and rights in health and social care
- Human growth and development
- Safeguarding and protection in health and social care
- Communication in health and social care
- Working in health and social care
Optional Units (2 required)
- Health and well-being
- Dementia awareness
- Creative activities in health and social care
- Anatomy and physiology for health and social care
- Common care disorders
- End of life care
- Infection prevention and control in health and social care
- Learning disability
- Mental health and well-being
- Nutrition for health and social care