Duration (norm): 18 months
Max Funding Value: £5,000
Delivery Model: The apprentice will visit the training center once every three weeks (day release). In addition, the trainer will visit the employer site for reviews throughout the duration of the course.
English and Mathematics: Level 2/C for both must be achieved prior to End Point Assessment (this content will be blended into the apprentice's study programme if it is required).
The Learning Mentor will understand the following:
- What constitutes accurate and relevant vocational/pastoral advice and guidance.
- Effective questioning, active-listening and assertiveness techniques.
- Learning programme requirements and the need to plan contextualised learning in authentic or realistic work settings with the learner support team.
- The roles of assessors, coaches or teachers in providing practical help with assessment processes and requirements.
- Who has a legitimate need to be kept informed of issues impacting on the learner’s well-being and progress.
- The mentor’s role in supporting the learner’s development and how to provide valid evidence of progress and achievement.
- The roles of workplace and education provider colleagues who contribute to learners fulfilling their action plans.
- Organisational and legal requirements for recording, storing and sharing information on learners’ progress, needs and welfare.
- Opportunities for their personal continuing professional development.
- How learners may become physically or psychologically at risk, and channels for reporting concerns.
- Quality assurance requirements relating to the mentoring environment.
- Communicates and collaborates effectively using effective questioning, listening and assertiveness skills.
- Works with education providers and workplace colleagues to plan and implement structured and meaningful learning and work experience.
- Liaises with assessors, coaches and/or teachers to facilitate formative and summative assessment of learners’ skills and knowledge.
- Identifies and refers issues relevant to learners’ progress and wellbeing, to education providers and/or workplace colleagues.
- Collaborates with the wider education support team to review learners’ progress and to provide evidence of progress and achievement.
- Maintains appropriate records for the learning programme, complying with quality, confidentiality and data protection requirements.
- Liaises with relevant colleagues to support the implementation of learners’ action plans.
- Vigilant in safeguarding learners and others in contact with them.
- Complies with internal and external quality assurance requirements.
- Promotes an ethos of motivation, aspiration and a passion for learning.
- Operates at all times to ethical and legal standards and within professional boundaries.
- Values equality and diversity. Works with others to improve equality of opportunity and inclusion.
- Resilient and adaptable when dealing with challenge and change, maintaining focus and self-control.
- Demonstrates, encourages and expects mutual respect in all professional contexts.
- Maintains the currency of their vocational skills.
This qualification will be blended into the apprentice’s study programme and must be achieved in order to complete the apprenticeship.
- Observation followed by a question and answer session.
- Professional discussion, supported by portfolio of evidence
The apprentice’s performance is graded (pass, distinction or fail).
To find out more please contact us