On completion of the Level 3 Extended Diploma in Performing and Production Arts, you will gain the knowledge, skills and understanding to progress to degree level study or employment in the performing arts industry. The qualification attracts 72, 120 and 168 UCAS tariff points for Pass, Merit and Distinction grades respectively, which is equivalent to three A Levels.
Previous students have progressed to some of the most prestigious specialist training in the country at centres such as Italia Conti, Guildhall, Arden, East 15, as well as to universities such as Manchester Metropolitan, Central Lancashire, Cumbria, Lincoln, Salford, Edge Hill, Sheffield Hallam, and the Foundation Degree in Acting for Touring Theatre at University Campus Barnsley (UCB).
You may want to progress to Higher Education courses with postgraduate study in a range of specialist areas such as teaching, directing, events management and drama therapy.
This course could form the successful foundations of a career in acting. You could work as:
- An actor in a range of entertainment industries
- In touring and producing theatre companies
- A performer in theatre, film, TV, video, radio, street entertainments or theatre
- In education
- A holiday or cruise ship entertainer
- A director
- A teacher
- Voice over artist or specialising in areas such as voice/dialect coach, stage combat and drama therapy