Apprenticeship Standard – Horticulture and Landscape Operative
The following qualifications will be required prior to taking the end point assessment.
- Emergency First Aid: Level 2 Award in Emergency First Aid at Work.
- Pesticides: Level 2 Principles of Safe Handling and Application of Pesticides Guidance OR Level 2 Award in the Safe Use of Pesticides
- English and maths: Apprentices without Level 2 English and maths must achieve Level 1 qualification and take the test for Level 2 before taking the end-point assessment.
To comply with legislation/industry standards, individuals who wish to work in some sectors of the industry may have to complete additional certificates of training, statutory licences and health and safety approved competency cards in order to be permitted on to a worksite.
The final assessment will contain three components – all components must be passed for the apprentice to be deemed competent. These form 100% of the overall final assessment.
- An online knowledge test.
- A synoptic practical assessment.
- Professional Discussion.
Level 2 Diploma Horticulture – Landscape or Parks, Gardens and Green Spaces route.
You will be continually assessed in the workplace of your practical competences. You will produce a written knowledge portfolio to underpin all mandatory units.