Are you a young person who wants to gain valuable work experience and start their career, whilst bringing fresh skills and an extra pair of hands into a business for up to 45 weeks? Have you considered studying a T Level (Technical qualification)?
T Levels are courses for 16- to 18-year-olds that are studied at the same level as doing A Levels. They are for young people who prefer a more technical education when they come to College, rather than following a purely academic pathway, or a work-based apprenticeship.
T Levels provide a mixture of:
• Technical knowledge and practical skills specific to the student’s chosen industry or occupation.
• An industry placement of at least 45 days in their chosen industry or occupation. Watch this short Government video to hear why students find completing industry placements so beneficial.
• Relevant Maths, English and digital skills.
• Common workplace skills.
Alongside learning specific industry core theory, concepts and specialist skills and knowledge at whilst studying for your T Level qualification, you will be required to undertake an industry placement.
Over a period of 45 weeks, you will complete 315 hours of work experience in an employer’s setting. Students usually complete their industry placement by working one day a per week for 45 weeks.
You can undertake your industry placement hours as weekly day release, in a block, or a mixture of the two to suit the needs of the employer that you are placed with. The placement can even be shared between multiple employers if one business cannot offer enough hours to fulfil the requirement.
Kassia Sedgwick, a former Level 3 Education and Childcare T Level student , said: “I would recommend studying a T Level because it allows you to get the same qualifications as other courses whilst completing a industry placement too. I have built confidence and I now speak up when needed.”
Benefits of an industry placement:
• Enhanced personal development, motivation and productivity with highly valued employers.
• Gain hands-on experience.
• Work with professionals and see what day-to-day life is like within the company.
For further information contact the Industry Placements team:
Call: 01226 216 709
Last updated: 2nd October 2023