NCFE CACHE Level 2 Technical Award in Child Development and Care
This course provides the opportunity to gain a vocational qualification that gives a basic introduction to the sector. It has been designed to meet the needs of students from the age of 14. It includes the knowledge and understanding of child development and wellbeing necessary for working with children in a variety of settings. It is aimed at a range of students who
wish to be introduced to childcare and development of children aged 0-5 years. It also gives students an insight into their preferred learning styles and assists in developing their ability to study.
This qualification will enable students to develop significant transferable knowledge and study skills that will support progression, including:
- An awareness of learning styles.
- A basic introduction into working with children in a variety of settings.
- An understanding of roles and responsibilities when working in a setting.
- An understanding of equality and diversity within a childcare setting.
- A basic understanding of the stages and sequence of child development.
- An introduction to observing children and how it supports development.
- An introduction to the influences that affect holistic development.
- An introduction to everyday care routines and the types of activities that can support the development of independence.
- An introduction to supporting children through transition.
Last updated: 21st February 2020