Level 1 Certificate in Hairdressing (NVQ)
This course is a Level 1 programme that prepares you for a career in the Hairdressing industry. It can lead to jobs as a junior in the salon assisting the hair stylist/colour technician and is a great start into a career in Hairdressing.
The content includes:
- Health & Safety in the salon
- Consultation/ communication and customer service
- Shampooing and Conditioning the hair
- Finishing the hair including setting
- Plaiting the hair
- Theory including science to give knowledge and understanding to support practical application
Following the Level 1 Certificate in Hairdressing the natural progression would be Level 2 Hairdressing. By achieving Level 1 it allows students leaving school to progress to Level 2 full-time or a professional standard apprenticeship in Hairdressing.
What careers can this lead to?
- Hairdresser employed or self employed
- Hair colour technician
- Working on a Cruise ship ( See the world)
- Salon manager ( After level 3 & 4)
- Salon Owner
- Sales Rep ( Wella, L’Oreal)
- Professional Trainer/teacher
Please note this is not a Progress 8 qualification but achievement of this qualification can lead to progression on Level 2
Last updated: 8th June 2020