If you are interested in a career in Health and Childcare, then this could be the ideal course for you.
This course will provide you with an introduction to working in both the health and childcare sectors. You will gain knowledge, skills and behaviours that relate to these sectors but can also be transferred to other areas of your life.
You will achieve a Barnsley College certificate which will clearly list the knowledge, skills and behaviours you have achieved throughout your studies.
Subject units you will study are:
• A basic introduction into working with children and adults in a variety of settings.
• An understanding of roles and responsibilities when working in childcare and health settings.
• An understanding of equality and diversity within a childcare and health setting.
• A basic understanding of the stages and sequence of child development.
• An introduction to observing children and how it supports development.
• An introduction to the influences that affect holistic development.
• An introduction to everyday care routines and the types of activities that can support the development of independence in children and adults.
• An introduction to supporting children through transition.
Your success will be measured by your motivation, enthusiasm, curiosity, attendance and punctuality. If you wish to progress to a full-time study programme in Health or Childcare, we will welcome your application. If your GCSE grades are not what you hoped for, you could consider the full Level 1 programme instead.
Last updated: 8th June 2022