Level 1 Certificate in Engineering and Technology
This qualification gives you a broad introduction to the practices and processes of engineering technology. It covers basic knowledge, understanding and skills that are relevant to a wide variety of careers and study routes and takes a hands-on approach to basic engineering training by providing you with:
- Experience and understanding of a range of potential careers in the engineering sector
- Information that will help them make more informed decisions about their post-16 options
- Personal skills to help them work effectively and achieve their potential
- Transferable skills and skills that are not widely advanced through the traditional academic curriculum, which are applicable to a wide variety of contexts and learning objectives.
- Practical knowledge through our hand on workshop activities
The curriculum will be based in the practical workshop and in the classroom, all students are expected to wear full Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) when in the workshop and safe, appropriate behavior will be expected at all times as we will be working in a dangerous work environment, similar to that of an Engineering Workshop.
Units you will study include:
- Introduction to working in Engineering
- Introduction to Cutting, Forming and Assembling Engineering Materials
- Introduction to Motor Cycle Maintenance
- Introduction to Mechanical and Electrical Maintenance
Last updated: 21st February 2020