facebook noscript

Making an application for financial support

What household income evidence we require

As part of ESFA guidelines, the Learner Support Fund must be awarded on eligibility through household income. We must gather the correct income evidence of claimants and the people they live with to assess a household’s income. This includes evidencing any Partner/Parents with no income via bank statements.


If you or someone in your household claims Universal Credits, please watch what evidence we require for Universal Credits.


If you do not claim Universal Credits, please Click here for information on what evidence we require.

How to apply

Applications for all Students (excluding Apprenticeship based and Higher Education) can be made via our Learner Support Fund application form. Complete the application form by visiting the link below to register your email address, verify and then complete your personal details.


*We advise all Students to make an application initially so a household assessment can take place. If you are above any of our thresholds for support, we will keep your details on file for any further funding that may arise during the academic year.


What happens next?

Step 1 – Submit an application which includes the correct household income evidence

Step 2 – An application becomes recognised on the College system and enters a queue for a staff member to check your details

Step 3 – A household income assessment takes place using your answers and the household income evidence you submit

*Please be aware incorrect evidence submitted will delay the completion of your application. Please check what evidence we require above.

Step 4 – An award will be made and you will be contacted via email with specific information as to what support you are entitled to.


Students will receive an email with an outcome from 10 working days an application has been made. We recommend all (prospective) Students to apply as soon as applications become available to have a potential chance of their funding been available from the start of their course. 



What can I be entitled to?

Please visit our main funding scheme page and visit the funding scheme that best relates to your circumstances. Common types of support will consist of essential costs towards travel, essential kit materials confirmed by your study department and a contribution towards cashless food credits. We recommend all Students to speak with their departments Tutorial staff for further support as to what you can be specifically entitled to.




'Frequently asked questions' graphic with question symbols on circular icon

Skip to content